I’m really excited to share this Tres leches cake recipe with you today because this cake is basically one among my favorites. This delicious cake will melt in your mouth.Tres leches cake got their name because after making a soft, tender cake (which ironically doesn’t contain butter or oil, but you won’t miss them), you can add a mixture of three types of milk. Before we put the holes in the cake. Milk, milk, and cream
The Tres leches cake recipe is analogous to an angel food cake. The whipped egg whites within the batter make it extra light and spongy. After baking the cake you poke holes in it with a fork and pour three sorts of milk over the top–evaporated milk, sweetened milk, and whole milk–hence the name “tres leches”.
What is tres leches cake?
Tres Leches Cake literally means three kinds of milk cake, also referred to as pastel de tres leches or torta de tres leches. It’s basically a cake soaked in 3 different sorts of milk. it’s going to sound pretty simple, but it’s to die for.
Origin of Tres leches cake recipe
Pastel de Tres leches cake or “Three Milk Cakes” has become a traditional dessert throughout Latin America. Although the exact date of its origin is not known, it originated in Central America and its first popular publication was on the back of Euperated milk, which dates back to the 1960s. It is popular throughout Central and South America and the Caribbean. It’s just a sponge cake dipped in “milk syrup” or “sweet cream sauce” made from 3 types of milk, condensed, and cream. This may sound like a complicated matter, but Tres leches cake recipe is no more complicated than baking any other type of cake.
Tres leches cake recipe
Tres leches cake recipeCourse: Dessert
Tres Leches Cake literally means three kinds of milk cake, also referred to as pastel de tres leches or torta de tres leches.
Caster sugar 3/4 Cup or to taste
Vanilla essence 2 tsp
Baking powder 2 tsp
Cooking oil ½ Cup
All-purpose flour sifted 1 Cup
Semolina 3 tbs
Cream 200 ml
Sugar 1/4 Cup
Dry milk powder 1/4 Cup
Milk lukewarm 3 Cups
Butter 1 tbs
- In bowl,add eggs,caster sugar and beat until fluffy (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add vanilla essence,baking powder,cooking oil and beat for two minutes.
- Add semolina, all-purpose flour, and fold gently with the assistance of the spatula.
- Grease baking dish with oil and pour batter.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 C for 30-35 minutes.
- In jug,add cream,sugar,dry milk powder,half quantity of milk and whisk.
- Add remaining milk,whisk again & refrigerate until use.
- Take out the cake from the oven, using a skewer poke holes everywhere the highest of the cake.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture over the highest of the cake,filling holes.
- Let it calm down.
- In frypan ,add butter and let it melt.
- Add sugar and cook on very low flame for 12-15 minutes or until caramelized and keep mixing in between.
- Add cream and blend well until it thickens.
- decorate the cake with cream and strawberry.
- Refrigerate for two hours & serve!