This jerk chicken recipe will bring a healthy tear to your eyes for your food love. jerk chicken has become a staple of my culinary life. This jerk chicken is extremely easy to form, but the Scotch bonnet peppers are essential to feature their unique fruity flavour and lip-tingling heat. Many major supermarkets stock them and that they freeze brilliantly, so keep some within the freezer able to make this point and time again.
What is jerk chicken ?
The word ‘jerk’ refers to the seasoning on the meat and to the design of cooking. Allspice is important to both. It’s rubbed into the meat to marinate it and therefore the wood of the allspice tree is employed on the drum to make many smoke that infuse the meat with an exquisite flavor.
You can also try our following chicken recipes:
The origin of jerk chicken recipe
Jerk chicken recipe comes from “We Are La Cocina: Recipes In Pursuit Of The American Dream” the very first cookbook released by a corporation called La Cocina (The Kitchen in Spanish) in San Francisco that incubates food brands, businesses, and restaurants. This Jamaican meal is one among 75 recipes contributed by different alumni of the organization, and therefore the only special equipment you would like to form it’s an honest kitchen appliance.
Jerk chicken serve with
You can serve jerk chicken with
- White sauce
- Chili sauce
Jerk chicken recipe
Jerk chicken recipeCourse: chicken recipesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This jerk chicken recipe will bring a healthy tear to your eyes for your food love.
1 1/4 all spice
salt to taste
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon clove powder
crushed black peppercorns to taste
a pinch cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
lemon to taste
- preheat oven at 180c
- make deep incisions on chicken legs and place them in a bowl. Add allspice, salt, coriander powder, crushed powder, crushed peppercorns,cinnamon powder,cumin powder,3 teaspoon lemon juice and one teaspoon oil and mix well.
- set aside to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Roughly chopped onion
- place spring onion with greens,chopped onion,garlic cloves,broken green chilies,remaining lemon juice and thyme leaves in a blender jar.Blend well
- Add 1 teaspoon oil and soya sauce and blend into a smooth fine paste.
- add ground paste to chicken and rub well filling the incisions and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a non-stick grill pan. place chicken skin down on it and grill till grill marks appear on both sides.
- transfer the grilled chicken on a baking tray, put tray in preheated oven and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Serve deliciously home made ready jerk chicken.