Do you have a banana lover in your life? Make them this Banana Cream Pie! With many fresh bananas, fluffy custard filling, and sweet topping, nestled into a flaky, buttery crust. It’s such a treat! A classic Banana Cream Pie recipe, topped high with homemade meringue is simply just like the pie my mother used to make. This is the ultimate banana cream pie. Rich, silky, and delightful yet light and dreamy. Filled with banana flavor with no artificial ingredients, you’ll love the creamy, crunchy, lightweight, and quicker ingredients together in each bite!
What is banana cream pie?
Banana cream pie is formed with a creamy pudding, flavored with a thick layer of bananas, served on a crisp vanilla wafer crust, and topped off with a fluffy crown of homemade whipped cream.it is an All American dessert.
Origin of banana cream pie
It’s hard to pin down the origin of banana cream pie, but it’d have come from the Midwest, where pies have always been popular. As far as we will tell, adding bananas to the pie happened round the end of the 19th century, when bananas went from exotic to commonplace.
Banana cream pie serve with
You can serve deliciously home made banana cream pie with
- Whipped cream
- ice cream
Recipe for banana cream pie
Banana cream pieCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Banana cream pie is formed with a creamy pudding, flavored with a thick layer of bananas.
refrigerated pie crust
3.4-ounce box banana pudding mix
2 cups milk
3 cups unsweetened whipped cream
2 bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C.
- Place pie shell during a 9-inch pie dish. With a fork, poke holes all around the bottom of the crust.
- Bake crust in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- during a large bowl, combine banana pudding mix and milk. Whisk vigorously until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups topping to a bowl and fold in until evenly mixed.
- Once the crust is cooled, cover the bottom with banana slices.
- Top the slices with the pudding and topping mixture and chill for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Top pie with 1 cup of topping and decorate with remaining banana slices.
- Slice pie and serve deliciously banana cream pie!