Air fryer chicken wings are healthy! They do not contain oil or wheat flour like traditional fried chicken wings. And, making chicken wings in an air fryer burns some of the calories that are added to frying them in oil. Air frying has made food healthier and faster possible without compromising taste or texture. One of my favourite things to make in an air fryer is chicken wings. An air fryer is like a convection oven that circulates the air in such a way that not only does the food really cook, but it can become extremely crisp and delicious! You can eat air fryer chicken wings with the choice of your sauce.
What are Air fryer chicken wings?
Air fryer chicken wings have a crispy salty skin with hints of garlic and lemon pepper. These are tested for perfection and cook so quickly without the need for marination. The chicken wings in the air fryer are shiny and if you try them in the air fryer, you will keep making chicken wings more often. The forcibly circulating hot air makes the skin crisp, which is difficult to get in a traditional oven, and the centre is perfectly ripe, tender and juicy.
You can also try our following chicken recipes:
Air fryer chicken wings serve with
You can serve deliciously home made air fryer chicken wings with:
- White sauce
- Red hot wings sauce
- Red chili sauce
- Green chutney
The origin for Air fryer chicken wings
Deep-fried chicken wings have long been a staple of south cooking. But the idea of frying chicken wings in peppers in hot sauce was born in 1964 at Buffalo’s Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York, when co-owner, Teresa Belsimo, survived the hot sauce as a breakfast for her son and his friends. The wings have been shown solely to give a sense of segment. The boys liked them so much that Belsesmos put them on the menu the next day.
Recipe for Air fryer chicken wings
Air fryer chicken wingsCourse: chicken recipesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Air fryer chicken wings have a crispy salty skin with hints of garlic and lemon pepper.
Chicken wings, with skin – 8-10 numbers
Salt – to taste
Garlic, chopped – 1 tbsp
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Pepper, crushed – 1 tbsp
Spring onion, finely chopped – 2 pieces
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Brown sugar – 1 tbsp
Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl, add a pinch of salt, finely chopped garlic, soy sauce, oregano, lemon juice and freshly crushed pepper. Mix this well
- Add the chicken wings to the marinade and coat it well. Rest the marinated chicken wings in the fridge until at least 2hr.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the chicken wings and mix well. Repeat this about 2 to 3 times. (This will help in good texture and crispness when frying chicken wings.)
- Preheat the air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius for 3 minutes.
- Remove the tray and drop in the marinated chicken wings and fry for 6 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- After 3 minutes, remove the tray and toss the chicken wings and fry again.
- In another bowl, add finely chopped spring onion, vinegar, brown sugar and mix well until sugar is melted.
- Add tomato ketchup, chili sauce and mix well.
- After 6 minutes, open the tray and coat the chicken wings with the sauce and fry them again for 2 to 3 minutes.